Eric Ries put on a presentation
at the Web 2.0 Expo called A Disciplined Approach To Imagining, Designing, And
Building New Products
Here’s some of the highlights though we think you should watch the whole
- We don’t necessarily know what our customers want even though we think we do…so figure out a way to learn.
- We can’t predict the future.
- The lean startup: Commodity technology, Customer development, Agile software development
- How build a startup: Continuous deployment, Split-test (A/B testing) experimentation, 5 why’s
- AAA of metrics: Actionable, Accessible, Auditable
- Measure macro: Look at visitor retention over time (Cohort Analysis), Split-test, measure the large
Also check us out on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mixpanel