Mixpanel Momentum: What our customers say about the future of product analytics
The last quarter has been a busy one at Mixpanel offices worldwide. As the year starts to wind down, we’ve only ramped up. Here’s what’s been going on and what’s in store for the rest of 2016 and into 2017.
You’ve engaged with us more than ever, as Mixpanel has tracked more than 500,000 projects, mobile apps, and websites. That’s spurred a lot of innovation from our side. Here’s what we’ve launched in 2016 (so far):
- Autotrack – Enabling anyone in your organization to collect everything and track anything
- Mobile apps (iOS and Android) – A mobile dashboard keeping your key metrics in one place, everywhere you go
- Mixpanel SDKs for Swift and Unity – Developers can now integrate Mixpanel into iOS with Swift and gaming apps
We’re excited to announce the addition of a new President and Chief Operating Officer, a new Chief Marketing Officer, and a prominent new board member:
- Stu Aaron, President and COO. Stu brings more than two decades of tech-sector leadership to Mixpanel. Stu previously served as Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Strategy Officer at Blue Jeans Network, where he helped grow the business from zero to a leadership position in the video collaboration market. As President and COO, Stu will have responsibility for all customer facing organizations, including sales, marketing, customer success, customer support, and business operations.
- Shawn Hansen, CMO. Shawn is a marketing and product development executive with a proven track record at top blue-chip companies and Silicon Valley startups. Previously, he was responsible for Microsoft’s popular SQL Data Warehouse cloud service and Microsoft Analytics Platform System. At Mixpanel, Shawn leads the marketing organization, as well as sales enablement and sales development.
- Max Levchin, Mixpanel Board Member. Max is the CEO of Affirm and Co-founder of PayPal, and has accepted a position on Mixpanel’s board of directors. Max is a Silicon Valley luminary who is a serial entrepreneur, computer scientist, philanthropist, and active investor in more than 100 startups.
Expansion in enterprise
We are proud of the success offering advanced product analytics to startups and small businesses. Max Levchin said recently that “Mixpanel pioneered the first analytics push from page views to events.” That may be true, but we’ve only been growing. A lot.
Enterprise customers now make up approximately 50% of our business today, and we’re excited to call companies like Amazon, Capital One, DocuSign, IBM, Intuit, Salesforce, Samsung, Uber, US Bank, VMWare and XO Group customers. Even more exciting to us is the prospect of continued investment in products and solutions that will meet the needs of our entire customer base, from startups to multinational corporations.